RI CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
RI BURGLARY LAWYER
RI Burglary Lawyer
Maximum Incarceration time: Imprisonment for life.
Maximum Fine: $20,000.00
Is the act of unlawfully entering into a building, residence or commercial, for the purpose of committing a crime and this crime is considered much more serious if it is executed using a deadly weapon.
Although, the most common crime conducted during a burglary is theft, the burglar does not have to intend to steal property for the crime to be classified as burglary other crimes such as vandalism or kidnapping can be conducted during burglary crime.
The following is a list of applicable Rhode Island state laws:
Burglary and Breaking and Entering
Index Of Sections
- § 11-8-1 Burglary.
- § 11-8-1.1 Attempted breaking and entering.
- § 11-8-2 Unlawful breaking and entering of dwelling house.
- § 11-8-2.1 Unlawful breaking and entering of dwelling with possession of instruments relating to wrongful setting of fires.
- § 11-8-2.2 Breaking and entering of a dwelling when resident on premises.
- § 11-8-2.3 Breaking and entering of dwelling house of persons 60 years of age or older when resident on premises.
- § 11-8-2.4 Breaking and entering of dwelling house of a person who is severely impaired.
- § 11-8-3 Entry of building or ship with felonious intent.
- § 11-8-4 Breaking and entering business place, public building, or ship with felonious intent.
- § 11-8-5 Breaking and entering other buildings with criminal intent – Railroad cars – Tractor trailers.
- § 11-8-5.1 Unlawful breaking and entering of business place, public building or ship during the daytime.
- § 11-8-6 Entry to steal poultry – Arrest – Fine.
- § 11-8-7 Making, repairing, or possessing burglar tools.
- § 11-8-8 Injury or death – Defense.
- § 11-8-9 Aiding and abetting a minor.
Rhode Island Burglary Defense Office